Thursday, November 20, 2014

SUNS SUNS SUNS!!!


After a long break, here I am again... It's been a full time with a trip to Rhodes, new lessons, being involved in a few kitty rescue stories, getting organized in my new home, and... of course, creative time! 



My latest production has been a whole collection of SUNS! I created them out of natural air-dry clay and polymer clay, and after hardening I highlighted them in different colors.
Here you can see a few pieces before painting...


And here, after painting and before varnishing...
I used acrylic paints in different shades of blue and turquoise for the natural clay... and some vibrant tangerine as well :)







The finishing touch: varnishing!
These are polymer clay Suns...









And here are the natural clay Suns!






I'm very pleased with the outcome, looks like ceramic! You will soon see them as sunny rings :) 
And since I have become addicted to these Suns, I will keep experimenting with more colors!

1 comment:

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Anna,
Suns have always captivated the human mind and you did very artfully create them! Love the tangerine color.
Sending you weekend hugs,
Mariette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...